National Eligibility Test also known as UGC NET or NTA-UGC-NET is the examination for determining the eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) award in Indian Universities or colleges. The examination is conducted by National Testing Agency on behalf of University Grants Commission.
NTA conduct UGC NET exam for 81 subjects. UGC NET syllabus was revised in 2019. Two papers are conducted in UGC NET Exam . First paper is common and compulsory for every candidate and second exam is according to the respective subject chosen by candidate.
UGC NET 2021 Notification Released
UGC NET Exam is conducted twice every year. Due to Covid-19, NET exam that was supposed to be held in December 2020 was postponed. Now University Grant Commission has published notification informing candidates about registration for NET exam going to be held from 2nd May 2021 to 17th May 2021. Interested candidates can register themselves online for the exam. Online registration begins on 02.02.2021 and will end on 02.03.2021. Check the official notification, important dates, syllabus, application fee and other important information below:
UGC NET Exam 2021 Important Events
Starting date to submit online application
Last date to submit online application
Last date to submit fee
03.03.2021 (till 11:50)
Correction of particulars in application
05.03.2021 - 09.03.2021
Admit Card release date
To be notified soon
Dates of examination
2nd May,2021- 17th May,2021
Last date to apply with Jobs Eternal
Time left to apply with us
You missed out!
We are always here
- Post-Graduation with minimum 55% marks.
- Candidates appearing in final year of master's degree can also apply.
Age Limit (as on 01/03/2021)
- JRF- 31 years maximum
- Upto 5 years (for OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD/Third gender).
UGC NET 2021 Pattern Of Exam
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions. There will be no break between papers. Time allotted to complete the exam is 3 hours.
no. of questions
UGC NET 2021 Marking Scheme
- Each question carries 02 marks.
- For each correct response, candidate will get 02 marks
- There is no negative marking for incorrect response
- No marks will be given for questions un-answered/un-attempted/marked for Review.
UGC NET 2021 Application Fee
UGC NET 2021 Paper -1 (Common exam) Syllabus
UNIT-1 TEACHING APTITUDE
- Concept, Objectives, Characteristics, basic requirements, and levels of teaching.
- Teaching Methods: Teacher centered vs. Learner Centered, Online vs Offline methods.
- Factors affecting teaching
- Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, social, emotional, cognitive)
UNIT- 2 RESEARCH APTITUDE
- Meaning, Types, Characteristics, Positivism and Post-positivist approach to research
- Steps of research
- Methods of research
- Thesis and Article writing
- a comprehension passage will be given you have to answer the questions asked from it.
UNIT-4 MATHEMATICAL REASONING AND APTITUDE
- Number series
- Letter series
- Coding- decoding
- Time and distance,
- Proportion and Percentage
- Profit and loss
- Interest and Discounting
- Averages, etc.
UNIT-5 LOGICAL REASONING
- Understanding the structure of arguments: structure of categorical prepositions, Mood and figure, Formal and informal fallacies, Connotations and Denotations of terms, etc.
- Venn diagram
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge, Pramanas-Pratyaksha, Anumana, Upamana, Shabda, Arthapatti and anuplabdhi, vyapati, Hetvabhasas
- Meaning, types, and characteristics of communication.
- Verbal and Non-verbal communication,
- Cultural and group communications,
- Classroom communication,
- Mass- media and society
- Barriers to effective communication.
UNIT-7 DATA INTERPRETATION
- Classification of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical Charts (pie-charts, bar-graph, histogram, Table and line chart)
UNIT-8 INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
- General abbreviations and terminology related to technology.
- Basics of internet, intranet, e-mails
- Audio and Video Conferencing
- Digital Initiatives In Higher education
UNIT-9 PEOPLE, DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Environmental issues
- Natural and energy resources
- Natural hazards and disasters
UNIT-10 HIGHER EDUCATION
- Policies, governance and administration
- Value education and environmental education
- Professional, technical and skill based education